CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMS
In addition to requirements set forth by various medical organizations and states, all hospitals and clinics are committed to continuous quality improvement and aim to achieve the highest standard possible. NeuroMuscular Taping will help you do that.
NeuroMuscular Taping has been developed into a comprehensive program that includes Prerequisite (or basic) courses, which cover the concept and basic application, and Specialization courses, which cover specialized areas such as LymphTaping®, surgical rehabilitation, and sports medicine, among others. This comprehensive program makes NeuroMuscular Taping an excellent teaching modality that can be introduced into an ongoing Continuing Education Program. The program introduces the NMTConcept and its methodology, application, and treatment protocols. Knowledge and skills will be acquired through international case studies, discussions, and hands-on practical training to promote the highest quality of patient care. The program is the fruit of years of experience in on-site therapist training sessions, assuring that both quality and patient safety will be maintained.
NMT continuing education programs may be provided in the form of:
- Post graduate training program – To give newly qualified professionals a treatment skill, helping them to meet day-to-day treatment objectives.
- Graduate (final year) training program – To improve students’ knowledge and understanding of functional anatomy.
- On-site or in-house training program – To improve therapists’ competency, enhance performance-in-practice, introduce innovative techniques, and ultimately improve the outcomes of patient care.
- Standard surgical program – To cover standard treatment procedures for common mainstream post- and pre-surgical rehabilitation.
- Specialized surgical program – Occupational therapy, lymphatic therapy, vascular, and rehabilitation care for specialized surgical procedures such as amputations, lung and cardiac surgery, pediatric club foot, etc.
- Yearly updating and revision program – To improve therapeutic techniques through yearly updating and revision of treatment protocols to maintain high standards for patient care outcomes. To update current knowledge through elaboration and expansion of the International Case Study Database maintained by the NeuroMuscular Taping Institute.
NMT continuing education programs can be tailored to the needs and existing knowledge and skills of participants to continually expand rehabilitation and achieve the highest level of patient care.
Advanced training programs
Advanced training programs cover some of the following certified treatment protocols:
- Post-stroke management
- Breast surgery Hip replacement
- Tibial fracture
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Arthritis of the knee
- Hand surgery rehabilitation
- Post-cancer care and physical rehabilitation
- Parkinson’s disease maintenance program
- Multiple sclerosis maintenance program