LOWER EXTREMITIES TREATMENT
NeuroMuscular Taping specialization (NMTC-LEBC#1) in the treatment of lower extremities in physical rehabilitation. Base course. (Stage I – 2 day)
NeuroMuscular Taping is a new technique which improves specific for the treatment of lower extremities in physical rehabilitation improving treatment results.
Code: LEBC 1 / I °
Duration: Stage 1 (2 days) for a total of 18 hours
Time: 8,00am – 12,30 am, 1,15pm– 5,00pm
CEU Contact hours: 18 course hours
Target audience: Physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, doctors, Physical therapist and medical students
Lecturer: David Blow, Sonia Mains
Max participants: 24
Course Material: Kit
Cost: $450 , refund and cancellation policies
RRegistration includes: Teaching materials, tape for practical exercise, NeuroMuscular Taping Institute participation certificate and US and International matriculation number. Participation to this course does not require previous course requirements.
Refresher and advanced certification course program
Code: UEBC 1 / 2 ° – 3 hours of training. Advanced treatment course will be available on request and on site in a therapeutic hospital setting. Cost will be advised.
Course objectives: This is a two day course for a total of 18 hours. The participant during the course will follow the theoretical development of treatment techniques (lower extremity) in the NeuroMuscular Taping method and its therapeutic treatment objectives. The participant will gain manual skills in the applications of NeuroMuscular Taping specifically to treat conditions often seen in post surgical and sports trauma rehabilitation as well degenerative neurological conditions. Correct application of the method will enhance correct application and reduce complications while improving overall mobility. Specific skills will give the therapist the ability to reduce swelling and edema, reduce pain during mobilization, improve overall mobility and fasten patient autonomy. Patient rehab. management during the phases of treatment will also be covered. Each participant is individually followed in the application methods assuring the highest level of skill learning and qualification possible.
- NeuroMuscular Taping: concepts, theory, and application techniques
- Practical applications: compression and decompression
- Case studies – Drainage of the lower limb, Hip fracture
- NeuroMuscular Taping advantages
- Application techniques
- Eccentrical, decompressive and dilation taping application methods, Different ways to cut tape, Skin longitudinal anatomy
- Muscle applications: achiles tendon, gastrocnemius and soleus, quadriceps femoris, hamstring muscles, extensor longus, short flexor hallux, sacro spinali, piriforme, rectus abdominus, adductor, psoas
- Lymphatic Drainage Applications – lymphedema of the lower limb, knee bursitis, tendonitis achilles tendon, knee post surgery drainage
- Joint Applications – correction of the patella axis , knee arthritis, coxarthrosis
- Pathologies (rehabilitation phases): plantar fasciitis, hallux valgus, sciatica, low back pain, myofascial pain, herniated discs, ankle sprain, post surgical knee rehabilitation, injury of the medial collateral knee, meniscus syndrome, patellar tendonitis, patellofemoral pathology, patellar iperpressione
- Analysis of case studies and current research
- Discussion and Written test and practical exam
Certification process: Stage 1 certifies the participant in the treatment and management in the treatment of lower extremities with the NeuroMuscular Taping Method. Each participant will recieve a US and Internationally recognized certification number which may be made available to health insurance providers.
Stage 1 covers the following certified treatment protocols
|NMTC-ACL#1||Acute and functional fase ACL knee surgery|
|NMTC-AT#1||Acute fase Achilles tendon tendonitis|
|NMTC-KB#1||Acute fase knee bursitis|
|NMTC-KM#1||Acute and functional fase meniscus syndrome|
|NMTC-KA#1||Acute and functional fase knee arthritis|
|NMTC-PT#1||Acute fase Patellar tendonitis patellar iperpression|
|NMTC-AT#2||Functional fase Achilles tendon tendonitis|
|NMTC-LL#1||Acute and Functional fase lombago|
|NMTC-PT#1||Functional fase patella tracking|
|NMTC-LS#1||Acute fase sciatica|