OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY TREATMENT RTP
NeuroMuscular Taping specialization (NMTC-OTR#1) in the treatment in Occupational Therapy rehabilitation. (Stage I – 2 days)
NeuroMuscular Taping is a new technique which improves specific for the treatment of upper extremities including post traumatic, corrective and post surgery conditions in occupational rehabilitation improving treatment results.
Code: OTP 2/ I °
Duration: Stage 1 (2 days) for a total of 18 hours
Time: 8,00am – 12,30 am, 1,15pm– 5,00pm
CEU Contact hours: 18 course hours
Target audience: Occupational therapists, Physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, doctors, Occupational therapists, Physical therapist and medical students
Lecturer: David Blow, Sonia Mains
Max participants: 24
Course Material: Training Kit
Cost: $450 + Kit, refund and cancellation policies
Registration includes: Teaching materials, tape for practical exercise, NeuroMuscular Taping Institute participation certificate and US and International matriculation number. Participation to this course requires previous upper extremity course requirements.
Refresher and advanced certification course program
Code: OTP 2/ 2° – 4 hours of training.
Advanced treatment course will be available on request and on site in a therapeutic setting. Cost will be advised.
Course objectives: This is a 2 day course for a total of 18 hours of training with 1 recertification follow-up for a total of 22 hours of training.. This course is a continuation of the base course in Upper Extremities. The participant during the course will follow the theoretical development of base and advanced upper limb rehabilitation techniques in the NeuroMuscular Taping method and its therapeutic treatment objectives. The participant will gain manual skills in the applications of NeuroMuscular Taping on muscles of the upper limb so as to specifically treat conditions often seen in rehabilitation. A range of neurological stroke and degenerative neurological conditions as well post surgical rehabilitation states will be covered. Specific skills will give the therapist ability to reduce pain during mobilization, improve overall mobility and fasten patient autonomy. Patient rehab. management during the phases of treatment will also be covered. Each participant is individually followed in the application methods assuring the highest level of skill learning and qualification possible. Stage 1 covers a series of certified treatment protocols.
- NeuroMuscular Taping: concepts, theory, and application techniques
- Muscles of the upper limb: deltoid, upper trapezius and middle biceps brachii, flexor-extensor of the hand, extensor pollicis longus, radial and ulnar wrist rehabilitation, pronator and supinator muscles of the hand, brachioradialis muscle, abductor and adductor muscles of the fingers
- Examples of applications on diseases demonstration and practice in:
- Hemiplegic hand/spasticità/rizoartrosi
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Drainage techniques of the upper limb
- Treatment and management of post surgical hand corrective techniques
- Finger reconstruction and amputation rehabilitation
- Treatment and management of following non surgical conditions
- Introduction of corrective techniques
- Clinical reasoning, therapeutic goals on the progression of the applications in the upper limb:
- Shoulder surgery (tendon and ligament reconstruction, stabilization, endoprosthesis)
- Humeral fractures and fractures of the radioulnari
- Hand surgery (carpal tunnel, rizoartrosi, tendon and muscle sutures, fractures)
- Elbow surgery (fractures, and endoprosthesis)
- Epicondylitis, medial epicondylitis, bursitis of the elbow
- Principals of scar treatment
- Analysis of case studies and current research
- Discussion and Written test and practical exam
Certification process: Stage 2 certifies the participant in the treatment and management of upper extremities – Occupational Therapy, including post traumatic, corrective and post surgery conditions with the NeuroMuscular Taping Method. Each participant will recieve a US and Internationally recognized certification number which may be made available to health insurance providers.
NeuroMuscular Taping specialization (NMTC-OTR#1) in the treatment in Occupational Therapy rehabilitation (Stage I – 2 days)
Stage 1 covers the following certified treatment protocols
NMTC-TC#1 Carpal Tunel (fase acuta)
NMTC-TC#2 Carpal Tunel (fase funzionale)
NMTC-RA#1 Arthritis of the thumb (acuta e funzionale)
NMTC-EP#1 Epicondytis (fase acuta)
NMTC-EP#2 Epicondytis (fase post-acuta)
NMTC-EP#3 Epicondytis (fase funzionale)
NMTC-EP#4 Epicondytis medial(fase funzionale)
NMTC-ST#U3 Hand Stroke Syndrome
NMTC-ST#D2 Lymphatic drainage Stroke Syndrome Drenaggio upper limb