UPPER EXTREMITIES TREATMENT
NeuroMuscular Taping specialization (NMTC-UEBC#1) in the treatment of upper extremities in physical rehabilitation. Base course. (Stage I – 2 day)
NeuroMuscular Taping is a new technique which improves specific for the treatment of upper extremities in physical rehabilitation improving treatment results.
Code: UEBC 1 / I °
Duration: Stage 1 (2 days) for a total of 18 hours
Time: 8,00am – 12,30 am, 1,15pm– 5,00pm
CEU Contact hours: 18 course hours
Target audience: Physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, doctors, Physical therapist and medical students
Lecturer: David Blow, Sonia Mains
Max participants: 24
Course Material: Kit
Cost: $450 , refund and cancellation policies
Registration includes: Teaching materials, tape for practical exercise, NeuroMuscular Taping Institute participation certificate and US and International matriculation number. Participation to this course does not require previous course requirements.
Refresher and advanced certification course program Code: UEBC 1 / 2 ° – 3 hours of training. Advanced treatment course will be available on request and on site in a therapeutic hospital setting. Cost will be advised.
Course objectives: This is a two day course for a total of 18 hours. The participant during the course will follow the theoretical development of treatment techniques (upper extremity) in the NeuroMuscular Taping method and its therapeutic treatment objectives. The participant will gain manual skills in the applications of NeuroMuscular Taping specifically to treat conditions often seen in post surgical and sports trauma rehabilitation as well degenerative neurological conditions. Correct application of the method will enhance correct application and reduce complications while improving overall mobility. Specific skills will give the therapist the ability to reduce swelling and edema, reduce pain during mobilization, improve overall mobility and fasten patient autonomy. Patient rehab. management during the phases of treatment will also be covered. Each participant is individually followed in the application methods assuring the highest level of skill learning and qualification possible.
- NeuroMuscular Taping: concepts, theory, and application techniques
- Practical applications: compression and decompression
- Case studies – Drainage of the hand, Elbow replacement
- NeuroMuscular Taping advantages
- Application techniques – eccentrical, decompressive and dilation taping application methods, different ways to cut tape, skin longitudinal anatomy
- Muscle applications: deltoid anterior and posterior, superiore trapezius, flexors and extensors of the hand, biceps brachii, supinatis, rhomboid major and minor, extensor thumb, brachioradialis, sternocledio mastoideo, spinal muscles of the neck, scaleno anterior and posterior, pectoralis major, triceps brachii
- Lymphatic Drainage Applications: hand drainage, elbow post surgery, shoulder bursitis, elbow bursitis
- Joint Applications: shoulder inflammation, stability of the shoulder, wrist, elbow
- Pathologies (rehabilitation phases): introduction neurological upper limb rehabilitation, carpal tunnel, rizoartrosi, lateral and medial epicondylitis of the elbow, trigger finger, cervicobrachialgia, introduction post surgical shoulder rehabilitation, frozen shoulder arthritis, arthritis of the shoulder, bracial biceps tendonitis, arthritis of the neck, shoulder bursitis, adhesive capsulitis, dysfunction of the scapular-humeral
- Analysis of case studies and current research
- Discussion and Written test and practical exam
Certification process: Stage 1 certifies the participant in the treatment and management in the treatment of upper extremities with the NeuroMuscular Taping Method. Each participant will recieve a US and Internationally recognized certification number which may be made available to health insurance providers.
Stage 1 covers the following certified treatment protocols
|NMTC-SB#1||Acute fase shoulder bursitis|
|NMTC-FS#1||Acute fase frozen shoulder|
|NMTC-SA#1||Acute and functional fase shoulder arthritis|
|NMTC-SC#1||Acute and functional fase shoulder adhesive capsulitis|
|NMTC-EB#1||Acute fase elbow bursitis|
|NMTC-EA#1||Acute fase elbow arthritis|
|NMTC-CT#1||Acute fase carpal tunnel syndrome|
|NMTC-CT#2||Functional fase carpal tunnel syndrome|
|NMTC-EP#1||Acute and functional fase lateral epicondylitis of the elbow|
|NMTC-EP#2||Acute and functional fase medial epicondylitis of the elbow|
|NMTC-LH#1||Acute and functional fase lumbar hernia|
|NMTC-CA#1||Acute fase cervical arthritis|
|NMTC-CB#1||Acute fase cervicobrachialgia|